Life in the Country Lane

-Just some thoughts and words on slowing down, and finding myself.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

This list was started last week when I was in a terrible place emotionally. However, looking back on it, I think it could be a list that I will add to over the years.

Cleansing and Healing.....

Here is a list of a lot of flawed thinking that I have to get over –

1. If you work hard, your hard work will be appreciated and rewarded. WRONG
2. If you love someone enough, everything will be alright. WRONG
3. Everything works out in the end. WRONG
4. Nice-ness counts for something. WRONG
5. Mean people get theirs in the end. WRONG
6. There is justice in the world (besides on TV) WRONG

Not to be such a downer, but really, by watching TV, aren't we all really led to these conclusions when we are growing up? I am just sorry that I was 32 years old when I learned the hard truth that:
Best Friends lie to you
When the going get tough - you are on your own.
Relatives do not have your best interest at heart
If there is a truth that people don't want to hear, they will not believe it. Even with facts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home