Life in the Country Lane

-Just some thoughts and words on slowing down, and finding myself.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I am so tired today. It was hot and I mean HOT this weekend. When I was a kid, I hardly ever wore shorts before June, and we never had to use the A/C in the house before the end of June and sometimes not until July or August. What is this 91 degree crap on Memorial Day??

We didn't do anything special this weekend. Went to Wal-Mart and the grocery store on Saturday. Whoopee... Bought the daughter a swim suit. Thank goodness the son's swim trunks still fit him and we didn't have to buy new ones for him. Can you believe a 4 yr old can still wear 2T shorts? No, he is not deprived, or starving.. he is just shaped like a bean-pole. Thank goodness he didn't get my shape (like an apple on 2 celery stalks!)

I have been reading "The Broke Diaries" by Angela Nissel. She is hilarious. Makes me feel better about being broke. Yeah, like you can ever feel good about being broke...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home