Life in the Country Lane

-Just some thoughts and words on slowing down, and finding myself.

Friday, March 31, 2006

On parenting...

The other day, a co-worker said to me.
"I dont' know how you people do it"
So, of course I am am immediatly on the defensive and say "Us people, do what?"
"Parents", he replies. "How in the world to you work full time, and run a household, and still have to know where your kids are all the time, to keep them safe and shuttle them to every activity they are in. You have to take time off when anyone is sick, not just you, and you have to co-ordinate you life around so many other people. I have no desire to ever do that. I want to sleep 'til 10 on Saturdays, and get up and do what I want, when I want"

I thought that was some pretty deep thinking for someone so shallow. At least he realizes that marriage and parenting are hard work, and knows that he is un-willing to make that commitment at this time in his life.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Tina said…

    Holy shit, now I miss being single and childless. I want to go to bed at 5:00 pm and not get up until 7:00 am just one night....I've not had a good nights rest since I got married...

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    oh, yeah....sleep, I miss sleep!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home